Why bother? Because hope is all about possibility. Hope feeds your energy, creativity, and problem solving skills; it affects your sense of happiness and optimism. Hope recognizes that everyone and everything matters. It makes life worth living. That’s why you should bother.
When hope gets damaged, it has a ripple effect. It can knock you out of equilibrium with your world, with your existence. It’s important to regain your balance and reconnect with a hopeful life.
- Take care of your health through good nutrition, sleep, physical activity
- Do a hope audit; know what makes you hopeful and connect with it
- Cultivate hopeful relationships; surround yourself with hopeful people
- Learn to forgive
- Find resilience through meditation, breathing/relaxation exercises
- Look for ways to make hopefulness tangible in your daily life
- Reconnect with nature
- Move through your fears
- Be courageous
- Set tangible goals that help you move beyond barriers
- Remember, in time the things that are pulling you down will pass