The holiday season is over and winter stretches out in front of us for what seems like forever. Life feels kind of dull and it’s difficult to get motivated or raise enthusiasm for much of anything. But this is actually a great time to explore the magic in your life! Albert Einstein said, “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
The challenge is to find your “wow” – to find the magic or the miracle in everyday life. Try starting here…
- Play – be a child again
- Be curious – reconnect with your inner child
- Think back to who you were at 10 years of age…what were your dreams?
- Take time to dream and to consider the “what ifs…”
- Create a Dream Board
- Tune in to your surroundings – be present to now and to what is happening around you
- Stop. Close your eyes. Be still for a moment. Open your eyes and really notice what you see, feel, and hear
- Practice gratitude
It can take time to unlock the magic. Adults create layers of cushioning between the everyday magic of life and the routine of day to day life. My challenge to you this month is to try to remove some of those layers and find some magic.