State Employee Wellness Mission
The mission of the Idaho State Employee Wellness Program is to enhance the effectiveness and well being of state employees through improving their health.
- Healthy employees are an important key to a productive and cost effective workplace.
- Healthy lifestyle behaviors and choices lead to increased productivity and job satisfaction; decreased health insurance costs, absenteeism, presenteeism, stress, and injuries; and improved recruitment and retention.
- Healthy employees influence healthy lifestyle behaviors and choices within their families, especially with their children.
- Healthy employees have a positive impact on the health of their communities and the state.
- Employees want health and wellness opportunities that deal with body, mind, and emotional well being.
- Employees need to be informed and conscientious health care consumers.
- Employees become informed and conscientious health care consumers through education, screening, resources, and a work environment conducive to health and safety.
- Agencies need a ‘healthy’ work environment and proactive wellness programs that increase efficiency and effectiveness and that encourage employee engagement at all levels.
Employee participation in wellness programs is voluntary.