Are Mondays your least favorite day of the week? The Monday Blues can be a passing tiredness, an indication of a poor job fit, or a screaming need for an attitude adjustment. If hopeless, tired, sad, stressed, overwhelmed, impatient, and unpleasant pretty much describe you on Monday mornings – you may need to do something. Why? Because you deserve better and so do your co-workers!
- Identify the problem; if your work leaves you feeling underappreciated, stressed, and overwhelmed – name it and claim it; then you can start dealing with it
- Don’t dwell on Mondays like a looming dark cloud that dumps on your weekend
- Get sunlight and fresh air on your weekend – refresh!
- Be ready for Monday … start on Sunday by getting your food and clothes lined out; synch up your calendar
- Dress like you want to be at work – it makes a difference!
- Practice good self-care – don’t overdo Sunday with heavy foods/drinks
- Get some sleep! Lack of shut eye makes everything and everyone more difficult
- Focus on the things you are excited about in the week ahead
- Eat a good breakfast
- Try not to over-pack your weekend; have some down time
- Have a positive attitude; use positive self-talk while you drive into work
- Maintain a manageable Monday work schedule – keep it light when you can
Share what you do to make Mondays work for you…