Before your holidays get to the pressure-cooker stage, take a minute. Reduce holiday stress; create the holiday you want. Keep the joy and the stress of family in perspective… from family dinners and obligations to family traditions. While you’re at it, don’t forget to keep a healthy heart during the holiday season. Try these tips to keep the pressure-cooker lid on!
- Be realistic about what you can accomplish this season
- Simplify your holiday plans
- Make a budget…and stick to it!
- Be active whenever you can
- Take a minute – sit, close your eyes, breathe
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep most nights
- Eat nutritious meals when you can
- Ask for hlep when you need it
- Forgive and forget
- Use the Stress Center resources. There are tip sheets, video clips, books, articles, and powerpoints.
What works for you when holiday stress starts to get out of hand…?