Zowie! It’s hot out there. There are tried and true ways to keep cool and comfy – from drinking water, to munching on popsicles, to turning on fans. But, there are some ideas you may not have thought of…
- Put ice packs on your wrists, ankles, or neck
- Make your own flexible ice packs or try one of these homemade ice packs
- Wear loose-fitting, light-colored, cotton clothes
- Put your socks in the freezer
- Keep a spray bottle of water in the fridge for a quick spritzing
- Store lotions and face toners in the fridge for a quick cool down
- Wear a wet (yes, wet) hat when outdoors
- Cut back on caffeine and alcohol – they dehydrate you
- Chew minty gum and drink cold water – brrrr!
- Do a quick beverage cool down: wrap the bottle in a wet paper towel; place in the freezer for 15 minutes
- More on Health Matters Cool it! – Really
Share your ideas on how to stay cool.